A 3-Year Daycare Provider’s Field Guide to Ensuring Your Child’s Safety
When it comes to caring for infants, there are a few best practices that should always be followed in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the child. Here are ways of ensuring your child’s safety.
Steps to Ensuring Your Child’s Safety
2. Be very careful when handling an infant as they are very fragile; Always support their head and neck when lifting them and never shake them under any circumstances.
3. Be wary of signs of illness an infant may present so that you may seek medical attention if necessary. Some common signs to look for include fever, diarrhea, vomiting, and difficulty breathing.
4. Always make sure that any food you give to an infant is properly prepared and clean. Infants are especially vulnerable to foodborne illnesses so it is important to take extra care when handling and preparing their food.
5. When on the move with your infant, be sure to pack all of the essential items they will need such as diapers, wipes, food, and formula.
6. Make sure to keep up with all of the immunizations and well-child visits recommended for infants so they can stay healthy and protected from disease.
7. Always keep a watchful eye on your child – even when they are sleeping. It is important to be aware of any changes in their breathing or body movements so you can act quickly if something is wrong.
By following these best practices, you can help ensure that your infant is safe, healthy, and happy. Remember to always use caution and common sense when caring for an infant as they are very delicate creatures.
This blog was written by Evelyn Price who is a current Child Development Associate (CDA) student with CDAClass.org. Evelyn has been working with children for 10 years as an Aupair and currently as an assistant teacher for three years now at Doodlebugs Learning Academy Clarence New York. She hopes to become a Lead Teacher once she completed her CDA. Right now she is enjoying her newborn baby girl.