No Bake Snack Bar
Every time that I am craving for something sweet to eat I find myself searching the pantry to satisfy my cravings only to end up with eating cereal which we have plenty of. I thought to myself while eating cereal, “How can I make this cereal into something completely different?” So I searched the web for recipes that had cereal in it, and viola snack bars are my new best friend. This is a very simple recipe that you can try with your kids incorporating their favorite cereal! Let’s begin.
Ingredients we will need:
- Oil Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- ¼ cup Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups of your choice cereal (ex. Honey Nut Cheerios, Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of nuts of your choice (ex. peanuts, almonds) or trail mix
- ½ cup of chocolate chips, or chocolate-covered sunflower seeds
What we need to do:
- Grab an 8- inch pan covered with aluminum foil (leave overhang)
- Combine butter, honey, brown sugar in a microwave safe mixing bowl and put in microwave to heat on high power for 1 minute to melt.
- Take out microwave and stir.
- Put in microwave again for another minute and stir.
- Return bowl to microwave and heat for 1 more minute on high power one last time and stir (caution bowl and mixture will be hot)
- Put in vanilla and mix
- Put in cereal of choice and mix
- Put in nuts of choice and mix
- Put in raisins and mix (optional)
- Stir in the vanilla using caution because mixture could bubble up.
- Stir in the cereal.
- Stir in the optional raisins (or nuts).
- Put mixture in pan an use spatula to smooth the top out
- Sprinkle chocolate chip/ Sunflower seeds with a little bit of salt
- Cover pan with foil
- Place pan in fridge overnight.
- Take the pan out the fridge and cut up the mixture into bars
- Serve and Enjoy